About Mayfield Athletics
Justin summerville had an idea to make the game of football safer for every player.
And so, in 2014, he set out to make a difference!
WE ARE MAYFIELD ATHLETICS
Mayfield Athletics is an innovative sports equipment company with a passion to enhance safety and functionality for players of all ages.
We are a group of fiercely dedicated former athletes, parents, and fans of the game with a passion to make football safer for our own children, current players, and the players of tomorrow.
Simply stated, our products are designed with the highest quality materials, intelligently engineered, and rigorously tested—because we believe our athletes of today and tomorrow deserve nothing less.
Pictured: Justin Summerville, CEO (left) and Rich Williams, COO (right)
- Patent Filed for “Shock Absorbing Football Equipment”
- First 3D printed prototypes made
- Gen 1 prototype made
- Device officially named S.A.F.E.Clip (Shock Absorbing Football Equipment)
- First functional prototypes produced
- NOCSAE standards testing begins
- Early results showcase 25% impact reduction
- S.A.F.E.Clip completes additional rounds of testing
- All tests show consistent 20%+ reduction in force
- S.A.F.E.Clip attends its first football convention to pitch product
- SAFEClip is invited to present to the MHSFCA (Michigan High School Football Coaches Association)
- SAFEClip gains fully pantented status. (P#9750298B2)
- Hobart Mayfield re-brands to Mayfield Athletics
- S.A.F.E.Clip is reintroduced with drastic cosmetic improvements, color options, hardward options & improved force reductions
- S.A.F.E.Clip gains endorsement from MHSFCA
- Final rounds of testing take place
- S.A.F.E.Clip available for purchase
- Mayfield Athletics merges with market leader Zuti Facemasks (a facemask manufacurer producing premium made, fully cast, facemasks)
PROUD MAYFIELD ATHLETICS PRODUCT TEST SITES &
Giving Back to the Community
At Mayfield Athletics, we believe in making it possible for ALL players to play safer. We have worked with numerous non profit organizations, such as Methodist Home, to provide SAFEClips for their youth teams. Do you have an initiative you’d like for us to know about? Drop us a line.