Innovation in Player Safety is what we live for. It is what drives us and is the heart of our passion.
S.A.F.E. Clip started in 2014 from a passion to make a difference in sport's safety. Owner, Justin Summerville, realized football helmets held an incredible opportunity for innovation. This simple realization became what is now the patented technology in S.A.F.E. Clip.
Since its development, the S.A.F.E. Clip team has scaled to provide the chance for every athlete to play the game safer. S.A.F.E. Clip has been tested multiple times to ensure that we comply with rigorous helmet system standards.
- Hand Drawings and Clay mold made
- Assembled first rough prototype out of household goods
- Co-Owner Rich Williams joins Justin Summerville under Hobart Mayfield LLC
- Drawing finalized and sent to CAD artist
- CAD Drawings finalized
- Materials finalized
- Prototypes produces
- Secured first investors (Seed Investors)
- Prototypes tested (Very First Official Testing)
- 2nd Generation of Clip produced using new design changes resulting from initial tests
- Offered Series A investment